Saturday, November 10, 2007

Monkey on My Back 5

So.....


I’ve been struggling to feed the Bad Girls monkey since September - trying (and failing) to keep up with S3 recaps. It’s been hard mostly because I’m working long hours. But watching S3 again in its entirety (only for the 2nd time, btw) has reminded me why I find the 3rd season so anticlimactic:

the relegation of Nikki's character to “barely there;” her and Helen devolving into polite acquaintances; Helen’s acquisition of new boyfriend, Thomas Waugh; Shell’s escape and, hence, unfortunate absence; the focus on demented Di/Josh/Crystal and Karen/Fenner, and other characters I don’t give a shit about (Buki, Charlotte Myddleton).

That, combined with 55 hr work weeks in a brand new job, have made timely recaps virtually impossible.

So, right now, I’m finishing ‘The Great Escape,’ and plan to recap the riot episodes - ‘Battle Lines’ and ‘Tough Love’. And, of course, ‘Coming Out.’ I still want to fill in missing S1 epis at some point over the next few months. And if this were a perfect world, I'd eventually recap all of S3 – because my goal is still to have the full 3 seasons of Bad Girls here.

I guess we’ll see what happens. All I can say for now is, keep checking in – I plan to write the last few S3 recaps in the coming weeks.

And thanks, everyone, for all your reading and comments here. I find Bad Girls fans to be an incredibly loyal bunch. Mad thanks to ekny for her *fab* screencaps - without her incredible devotion to this show, S3 recaps would’ve been impossible.


If anyone wants to send me a PM, I can be reached on the Nikki and Helen Boards, under this same handle. I’ve also got another account at afterellen.com (yes, I know I’m a whore) - under “zee 2” or “OutToLunch.” I know people here wanted to contact me awhile back, so if you're still inclined, there ya go.

Stay tuned – there’s more to come. Not much more, but more... Oh, probably a final Exorcise Room as well.



Bad Girls Forever – Woot!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As long as there will be more, I will patiently wait for more recaps and screencaps and nightcaps.

Take your time. It´s probably a hell of a job to put that together anyway, right? I admire your dedication, not only to the show but also to your "fans".

Fan no. 251904 (or so)

Metasin Girl said...

Haha! Thx, 251904! By ‘loyal fans,’ I meant Bad Girls fans! (I don’t presume to have actual fans myself)! :) But now I’ve edited it so it’s a little clearer.

And thanks for your patience as well. Yes, it is a lot of work :) So I say, ‘caps, all around!” – recaps, screencaps, and most definitely nightcaps. Cheers!!

Anonymous said...

You may not presume to have actual fans yourself - but you actually do.

Fan no. 251904 (or so) aka "Cappy" (I just made that up)